I recently listened to Your Brain on Love by Dr. Stan Tatkin. He gave these eleven facts about people:
- There’s nothing more difficult on the planet than another person.
- All people are, by nature, annoying.
- There is no such thing as a low-maintenance person.
- Romantic relationships—or primary attachment relationships—are burdensome.
- In love relationships, nobody comes pre-trained. As a result, partners need to train each other.
- The need to be parented never really ends.
- Romantic partners are responsible for each other’s pasts.
- Most of the time we don’t really know what we are doing, or why.
- What we don’t know, we make up.
- Our brains are built more for war than for love.
- In order to succeed and fully thrive in the world, we need to be tethered to at least one other person.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Tatkin’s facts about people?
Peace my Friends!
I agree with most of the facts. Interesting though !
The book was really interesting to listen to. Lots of cool stuff.
Hmm. Great article, however I don’t think I’m annoying😊. Loved the thought of us training each other, how true that is.
Willie, I’ll have to ask your husband if you can be annoying or not. I mean, I wouldn’t believe it for a second, but his opinion may differ a bit. 😁😁
Wow, this guy seems pretty negative. There’s only one statement I completely agree with. And that’s none of us really know what we’re doing. Some just wing it better than others.
The rest of the statements may be true for some, but definitely not all.
Listening to it is way more effective than my list here, but his info is very interesting. The list doesn’t give a fair representation of all his reasons.