I recently listened to Your Brain on Love by Dr. Stan Tatkin. He gave these eleven facts about people:
- There’s nothing more difficult on the planet than another person.
- All people are, by nature, annoying.
- There is no such thing as a low-maintenance person.
- Romantic relationships—or primary attachment relationships—are burdensome.
- In love relationships, nobody comes pre-trained. As a result, partners need to train each other.
- The need to be parented never really ends.
- Romantic partners are responsible for each other’s pasts.
- Most of the time we don’t really know what we are doing, or why.
- What we don’t know, we make up.
- Our brains are built more for war than for love.
- In order to succeed and fully thrive in the world, we need to be tethered to at least one other person.
What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with Dr. Tatkin’s facts about people?
Peace my Friends!